I was having a chat with a buddy this morning over coffee and I made an off the cuff remark about why most personal trainers fail to make a living.
He said I was being ‘mean’.
Why would he say this?
Is it coz I have an inflated ego?
No, it’s just an observation.
For example at my local gym, of the 20 or so personal trainers currently working there… only 3-4 of them were there 12-months ago.
Where did they all go?
That’s a crazy high attrition rate!
Why are 5% of trainers making all the $$ while the other 95% are struggling?
What separates them, what are they doing differently, and how can you replicate their success?
My ‘50/50 rule’.
Most personal trainers don’t learn the business side of the business.
They spend all their time reading fitness books, going to workshops and attending the latest ‘cutting edge’ CPD course… but zero time learning sales and marketing.
You can be the best trainer in the World but if no-one knows you exist it ain’t gonna do you much good.
Spend 50% of your time reading fitness related stuff and the other 50% of your time learning business related stuff.
Watch the impact this has on your business and on your profits.
A few hundreds bucks on Amazon is enough to get you started but if you want more advanced strategies check out my PT Supremacy VIP membership.
One of the ‘unadvertised’ bonuses you get is to hang out with other ‘real’ fitnessprenaers in our private Facebook group, hit me up personally with any challenges you’re facing and exchange ideas with other fitness pro’s.
If you want in, subscribe at: